Unanswered Prayers

Open to friend or foe

The former inhabitants of the island seem to have been rushed from their homes in a hurry. Houses within the residential area are still filled with goodies and still hold a uniform and up-kept appearance. The rows of brick houses beg for a bit of chaos that the oncoming battles are bound to provide.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

"Sounds like a plan," Ricky commented, digging through his pack and offering the chain whip he'd received from Gail to Whitney, "It isn't much, but it's either that or a slingshot... or you can have the gun, if you want it."

"No," Whitney objected, "This is fine..."

Huy expressed his concern about someone coming in and being able to take both Ricky and himself down.  The thought had crossed Ricky's mind, but honestly, with the way they had the house barricaded down, and with the lack of stealth the students in this competition had portrayed thus far, he didn't figure anybody would get inside their hideout without making a whole bunch of noise.  If that happened, they could escape through the windows before they ever got up the steps.  Honestly, he'd prefer a two-story fall with a very high chance of living over running into a competitor and the almost certain chance of death that came with it.

"We'll be fine," he reassured everyone, "Believe me, if someone decides to pay us a visit, we'll be ready for them.  But..."

The gears in his mind were turning once again.

"It wouldn't hurt to set up a few precautions.  Maybe string some rope across the bottom of the stairwell... put some pans under the windows and doors or something... if they get in here, we want to make sure we hear them."

If Ricky had been at one hundred percent, he wouldn't have thought to bother with such precautions.  Now, though, he was exhausted, and he was feeling the fatigue of a week's worth of this game.  Honestly, the reason he was being so cautious was because he just wasn't sure how much longer he could stay up.  He was afraid of letting his guard down.  He was afraid of falling asleep, and he was afraid of getting them all killed because he couldn't keep his eyes open anymore.  At any rate, it seemed like a good idea.  Better safe than sorry.

"I can handle that, though.  You can help me if you want," he directed toward Huy, "We should let the girls get some rest though."

He offered a tired smile toward the two girls.  He really had no intention of getting any rest himself anyway.  He needed it, for sure, but he didn't want to let such a heavy responsibility lie on Whitney and Anna's shoulders.

"You know what sounds amazing?" Whitney muttered softly toward the group, "A nice, long shower.  I wouldn't care if the water was freezing at this point, it's been far too long."

Ricky let out a light laugh and a good-natured smile crept onto his face.

"So go take one," he commented.

"But the lights..." she started.

"I'm sure there're candles or something around here.  Turning the lights on would draw attention.  Candlelight behind closed blinds isn't gonna be noticeable.  In fact, it'd help light the place up a bit.  Maybe they've got some candles stashed somewhere."

"Good thinking," she replied, smiling a bit to herself, "What do you think, Anna?  A nice long shower, a comfortable bed... it almost seems like we're committing a sin here."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Ooooh, double-post by the administrator!  I was just gonna let you guys know that if you want to go ahead and continue on with Anna and Huy's part of the storyline, you're more than welcome to.  When I have time to post again, I'll be moving Whitney and Ricky out of the way anyway, so if you all want to godmod it a little bit and push them out of the storyline, you have my full permission.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

Anna sighed slightly as she took the axe she started this horrible game with from Huy's hand. It was so heavy; she had to hold it with both hands. She flashed Huy a smile, but it was so fake, she knew he would see right through it. She never thought her life would end up this crazy. She was sleeping with an axe for protection! How unnerving was that?1 To top it all off, she was falling in love with a guy, and both of them could be dead by tomorrow for all she knew. She was scared. She was really scared. Nothing had ever been more frightening than the last week. She felt like crying again. She knew that this peace wouldn't last. She knew that something was bound to go wrong. But she couldn't let it show. She had to pretend to be brave. She had to...

Both Ricky and Huy announced precautions the girls should take. Anna nodded silently to each statement. Ricky said that the girls should rest first. She had no problems with that, but she doubted the boys would actually let them take watch after. She decided against saying anything though. Whitney spoke up finally, saying how amazing a shower would feel. Ann couldn't help but nod in agreement. She wanted to get all the dirt and grime out of her body. She feared seeing what she looked like now. Ricky said that they could use candles to light up the bathrooms during their showers. She supposed that would work.

"Yeah... kind of would feel sinful..." She replied to Whitney's comment with another fake smile. She couldn't ever be happy. She didn't know how they did it. She couldn't.

"Let's find those candles then Whitney." She grabbed the other girl's hand and dragged her into a room. The two girls began searching, until finally Anna pulled out a pack of long, white candlesticks. There were about ten in the packet. She pulled five out and handed them to Whitney.

"I'm gland there were some. There are two bathrooms up here, I saw them. You can use the one near the staircase. I'll take the other one." Whitney handed her some matches that she'd found and the girls went into the two bathrooms.  Anna lit the five candles and strategically placed them around the room. She slowly began to undress. The sweatshirt was the first thing off. She looked at it wistfully before placing it on the sink. She looked at her face in the mirror. It was grungy and dirty, and she was sure she'd lost weight. Her neck still hand marks from when she was strangled by Sam. The gaudy collar made her stomach churn. She remembered how Lee-Ann Collier had blown her own collar. It sickened her.

She unclasped her bra, and let her jeans fall to the floor. Her shoes and socks soon followed, along with her panties. She turned the water on. It was cool. She let it warm slightly before stepping in. She let the cool water run down her sore, tired body. She liked the feeling. She grabbed the bottle of liquid soap she found and squirted some into her hands. She lathered up, rubbing the dirt from her body, and the grime from her face. She grabbed a shampoo bottle, and scrubbed at her greasy hair. She tried to get all the yuck out, but she wouldn't be able to.

She turned off the water when she was done, and quickly dried off. She put her clothes back on, feeling slightly clean, and much more refreshed. She grabbed the axe and headed for the room closest to her bathroom. She stepped inside and closed the door. She let her body fall onto the bed. She pulled the axe so that the handle was leaning against the bed, the blade toward the ground. She'd be able to garb it quickly if necessary. She relaxed a bit, and soon fell into a quiet slumber.

She couldn't help but fell as if something was terribly wrong though. As if she was running out of time.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Huy let out a deep breath and gave Ricky a half-hearted smile as the girls went about finding some candles. The night was still young for them, unfortunately. In any case he felt like maybe Anna's spirits would lift now that they'd found their two new companions. It didn't take long for the boys to move the couch from the family room and brace it sidelong against the locked front door. That seemed like it would do. Huy grabbed two chairs from beside the kitchen counter and pulled them over to a good spot in view of the entrance. He didn't want to be sitting on something so comfortable that he or Ricky would fall asleep on watch, but at least these had backs and cushioned bottoms.

Huy pulled his chair up a little. He'd been looking for an opportunity to put his head together with someone and try to come up with some alternate measure to killing eachother (Anna was less than helpful in her current state). "So, uh...I'm guessing you and Whitney aren't going to play the way Danya wants, am I right...?" He didn't wait for an answer. "It's just, I'm gonna to do everything I can to protect Anna, but...at the same time, I don't want anything to happen to you guys. So you can see my dilemma."

He leaned in even closer and dropped his voice to a whisper in case there were any listening devices nearby. "Listen, it's too late in the game to join up with eachother if we're just going to play by the rules. We need to find a way out."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Whitney followed Anna along in order to find some candles and prepare for a much needed night of rest and relaxation.  Much to her relief, they soon found some in one of the rooms.  Anna divided them up between the two and ventured into the nearby bathroom, instructing Whitney to do the same.  Whitney couldn't help but smile widely as she once again entered the master bedroom and shut the door behind her.  The bathroom seemed warm and inviting, even in the midst of their current situation.

She slid her muddied shoes off underneath the bed and let her aching feet drag across the plush bedroom carpet.  After days of being on her feet for countless hours, always running, the soft carpet brushing against the bottom of her feet felt amazing.  It was a sensation she'd never known before, it was something she'd never taken time to think about.

She entered the bathroom, her feet coming into contact with the cold, tiled floor as she stepped off the carpet.  Instinctively, she reached for the light, but mentally chastised herself.  No sense in getting this far only to wind up dead because of a stupid mistake.  Instead, she went about placing the candles around the bathroom so that they would provide enough light.

Catching a glimpse of herself in the mirror, Whitney couldn't help but be appauled by her current appearance.  Her makeup was smeared all over her face, which was covered with grime and grit to add insult to injury.  Her hair was sinfully tangled, and overall, she looked a total wreck.  At least she had the satisfaction of being able to fix that now.

Pulling her clothing off and tossing it in a pile on the floor, Whitney stepped into the shower and let the warm water (thankfully, the electricity was working in the residential district, so although it wasn't safe to turn on the lights, the water wasn't freezing cold) drench her body.  She genuinely never realized that something so simple could feel so fantastic.  She spent quite a while in the shower, just letting the water pour over her.  Finally, she felt like Whitney again.  She felt clean.  She felt pretty.  It was refreshing on both her body and soul.

Seemingly as soon as it had started, it was over.  Whitney exited the shower and wrapped the a nearby towel around herself while she rummaged through her daypack.  Thankfully, she had packed several extra pairs of clothes (Franklyn was supposed to have been going on a camping trip, after all).  A change of clothes would definitely do her good.  She dug out some fresh clothes and threw them on, then dug out her hair and tooth brushes and went to work beautifying herself.

It was pointless, given the circumstances, but it made Whitney feel better.  Soon enough, her moment of ecstasy was gone, and she made her way back into the bedroom, leaving her messy clothes in a pile on the floor.  She'd get no more use of them, and the new ones were actually clean.  Whitney allowed herself to flop down onto the bed and closed her eyes.  She was exhausted, but she couldn't sleep.  Still, it was nice to have a moment to relax, even if it was just a moment...

~~~

Meanwhile, the boys had been busy as well, but they had been doing something much more important.  They had been barricading their little "fortress" of sorts.  They'd taken care of blockading the doors, and Ricky had implemented a few of his ideas, like the string laced across the stairwell, and the pans underneath the windows.  Now, he and Huy relaxed and sat guard in a couple of chairs Huy had pulled up.  Much like Ricky, Huy seemed to be deep in thought.  After a moment, Huy voiced his thoughts, capturing Ricky's attention as he did so.

"Quite the dilemma," he chimed, casting a grin at Huy, "I know where you're coming from though, man.  I'm in the same boat.  I told her a while back that if it came down to the two of us, I'd make sure she got home.  I intend to keep that promise.  I've done some pretty messed up things on this island.  I killed my best friend.  It wasn't somethin' I wanted to do... hell, it was more of an accident than anything, but the fact remains that Eric's dead... and it's my fault.  But you know... I did it for her."

It felt odd, actually saying it aloud.  He vividly remembered Eric's face in his dying moments.  It haunted him every time he closed his eyes... every time he slipped off into thought.  He had, in fact, killed his best friend.  Still... the ends justified the means.  It had to be done.  Huy continued on talking about thoughts of escape.  Ricky held the same sentiments.  He'd been intending on formulating an escape plan since the very beginning of this game.

"It's easier said than done, you know," he mused, "The first day here, I had big plans of uniting everyone and overthrowing this damn game... everyone who went along with me is dead now.  But... I've still been giving it a lot of thought, and I think that maybe it's possible."

Ricky extracted his cell phone from his back pocket.  It was flashing low battery, as one tends to do after not having been charged in so long, but as long as it would stay on long enough for Ricky to inform Huy of his plan, it'd have to do.  He placed his finger up in the air and began to rapidly key in letters on the text messaging screen of his cell phone.  They wouldn't send out, unfortunately, but he didn't need them to right now.

If we can get the collars off, we're homefree.  We can overthrow the boat at the marina that the terrorists use to get onto the island.  They're there permanently now.  If they don't know we're coming, we can ambush them.  Just got to figure out how to disable these things.

In Ricky's eyes, overthrowing the miniscule number of guards at the dock would be no problem.  Hijacking the boat would be no problem.  They had the weaponry, after all.  It was just a matter of rallying enough people and catching the soldiers offguard.  The main hinderance in his plan was the collar around his neck.  As long as they held the controls to that collar, they held Ricky in a deathlock.  Still, there was hope.  There had to be, they had nothing else left.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Once again Huy was impressed, but he couldn't say he was all that surprised that Ricky had already been working on a plan. Really he expected nothing less from him.

'Still, it's pointless if we can't get rid of these goddamn collars,' he thought, running a finger across the cold metal band.

Huy knew how dangerous it would be to turn against the terrorists, but he could at least say that there was a fighting chance in that regard. Add the explosive collars to the equation, though, and it eliminated any variable at all. That was Danya's checkmate. That was the giant fucking solid brick wall that always stood in the way of an escape plan.

Huy gestured for Ricky to allow him to use their means of silent communication, and went about tapping out a reply.

If we can find someone good with electronics...

He didn't bother to finish the sentence, primarily because his fingers were tired already. Instead he pointed to his own collar and said quietly, "I'll take a chance if it's for my friends."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Cyco. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Huy quickly keyed out a message of his own, and Ricky silently nodded in agreement.  He was willing to do whatever it took to get his allies off of the island.  At this point, it hardly mattered if he got out with them or not.  He was willing to sacrifice so that they could go back home.  In Ricky's eyes, he'd committed far too many sins in this place to ever atone for them all.  He didn't know if he'd ever be able to go back to a normal life.  He barely even thought of himself as a human being anymore.  If worse came to worse, he'd be first in line to let them experiment on his collar.

A quick thought came to him, something he seemed to vaguely recall from the first game, and he took the cell phone back from Huy.  His brows narrowed as he focused on the keys of the cell phone once again and started rapidly keying out another message.  It was such a morbid thought, but Ricky'd already crossed that line anyway, and by now, there was no going back.  Not unless he could find some magical way to miraculously resurrect Eric.

The collar mechanics are probably the same whether we're dead or alive, right?

He looked at Huy intently, hoping the asian boy understood what he was getting at.  It seemed so very cruel and heartless, but if they had the opportunity to tinker with the collars of people who'd already died, they might be able to figure out how the mechanics worked without blowing one of their own necks apart.  Besides, if they were deceased, they wouldn't need it anyway.  Ricky knew that if he was dead, he wouldn't care what happened to the shell he left behind.  They'd all probably wind up on a big burn pile at the end of the game or something anyway.

"I'll be right back," Ricky muttered, rising from his seated position, "Gonna run up to the restroom real quick."

He was sure that the girls were asleep by now, which gave him the opportunity to use an actual restroom for the first time in an entire week.  He was careful not to fall over his own trip wire as he ascended the stairwell and he quickly entered the restroom and shut the door behind him.  After a few moments, Ricky turned the water on in the sink and began to lather his hands up with soap.  Before he knew it, he'd moved on to his face, and his arms, and just about every part of his body that he could reach.  He ran his fingers viciously through his grubby hair, trying to get some of the muck out of it.

He found himself practically downing the bottle of unused mouthwash and trying in general to clean himself up just a bit.  Overall, he felt dirty... physically, mentally, emotionally.  He was just nauseated with himself.  After several minutes he finally headed back down the stairwell and returned to his seated position on his chair.  He felt a little bit better after splashing the water on his face.  He'd cooled down a bit, and his mood had lightened ever so slightly.  He was glad to have Huy for company.  He was an intense person, it seemed, and he even reminded Ricky a little bit of himself... or maybe it was the person he wanted to be.

"So what's the story with you and Anna?" he inquired after a moment, trying to find some topic of conversation.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

Huy read the message and instantly felt embarrassed for overlooking such an obvious factor, especially on such a serious note. However he abstained from slapping his forehead and chuckling seeing as Ricky's response was no laughing matter either. He sat back in his chair and nodded silently as his friend excused himself, shuddering at the thought of revisiting Sam Sorenson's corpse to test the circuit. And now that he actually thought about it, tinkering with an explosive device probably wouldn't be too appealing to the defuser. What were the odds they'd be willing to do it?

Ricky returned. He asked about Anna. "Uh..." Huy was thrown off by the sudden change of topic. Still, they'd discussed enough of the former for now. He scratched his head and thought back.

"Well...we met up here in the residential area," he said, rubbing his knees with his hands and shifting to get more comfortable on the chair. "She'd just lost Jaime. She was devestated, man. I mean, that's her sister. She didn't have anybody, and I didn't have anybody, so...I guess we needed eachother."

Huy suddenly grinned and scratched the back of his head. "Heh, I guess it sounds pretty stupid..."
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Ricky rubbed the back of his head and gave Huy a light grin.

"Nah, doesn't sound stupid at all.  Like... you've got to have somebody to do it for, you know?  At the end of the day, you have to have a reason to tell yourself that you did what you had to do.  I can relate."

He smiled again halfheartedly.  He really could relate.  It seemed like through this entire game, he'd been telling himself that he did the things he was doing in the best interest of other people.  Since he'd run into Whitney, she'd basically been his reason for living.  It sounded cheesy, but he felt like he had to protect her by any means necessary.  Maybe it was because it helped him retain some shred of his old life.

His old life, where Whitney Acosta was the girl who was way out of his league.

He'd never imagined them here, now.  He had wanted to find her from the beginning of the game on.  He had wanted to find all his friends and defeat the program.  The likelihood of that happening seemed to be less and less, but still, he had a reason to push forward as long as he had someone to protect.  Now, he had Huy and Anna, and he felt obligated to protect them as well.  In days like these, it seemed to be his whole reason for existing.

A light rustling, followed by a loud crash outside, caused Ricky to jolt up and point his gun in surprise.  He waited a moment, but he couldn't hear anything else.  He'd been so lost in thought that he hadn't been paying attention, and he was lucky it hadn't cost them big time... or had it?  Ricky kept his gun held toward the window and cast a sidelong glance at his companion.

Something, or someone, was outside.

"Hey, Huy..." he muttered in a low voice, still fixating on the window, "We should go check on the girls... just in case."
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((Hellooo???))
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

((I thought Mitsy was gonna go...ok then...))

Huy got up from his chair at Ricky's suggestion, his attention still focused on the window (or rather who or what was outside said window). It could've been raccoons again, but shit if every little noise wasn't so damn unnerving...

"I'll go," he said, holding out a hand to gesture for Ricky to remain seated. "You stay and watch the door, right?" Huy didn't want to give off any idea that he was challenging Ricky's established role as leader, so he ended the command almost as if he were asking permission.

Halfway up the stairs it occurred to Huy that he hadn't mentioned anything about the possibility of an intruder not playing, but he was confident that Ricky would handle such a situation with sound judgement. He'd demonstrated his level-headedness when they'd met up.

The bathroom door was left open, so Huy tried the door opposite that one first. He kept the flashlight low to the ground so it would provide adequate light without glaring in anyone's eyes, assuming anyone was in this room. It would be a quick process of elimination, though.

"Anna? Whitney?" he called softly as he opened the door, unsure of which (if any) girl he was referring to. He kept his eyes on the floor with the flashlight beam in case they weren't decent. "Everything ok?"
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((I was gonna wait on Mitsu to do her thing before I posted, but I'm getting a bit impatient, and it isn't gonna change the flow anyway.))

Ricky nodded in agreement as Huy stated he'd go upstairs and check on the girls while Ricky guarded the door.  He barely paid any mind as Huy's footsteps faded in the distance as he travelled up the stairwell.  Instead, Ricky's attention trained itself on the front door.  Something, or someone, was outside, and he had to find out what.  The thought that anything could be standing on the other side of that doorway made the hairs on the back of Ricky's neck stand up, but he forced down the knot that was threatening to rise into his throat and slowly headed toward the window.

Whatever was out there, he had to get the jump on them.  There was no way they could know that someone was in this house, not unless they'd been following him for a very long time.  The thought was a little unnerving.  Ricky positioned himself to the side of the window and checked the clip in his gun once again, half afraid that the ammunition would mysteriously disappear should he need it.  He readied the gun, pointing it toward the window without sticking his head out... wouldn't want to get a face full of lead for his troubles, after all.  In one swift movement, Ricky pulled back the drapes covering the window and pointed the gun at the glass.

Nothing.

Slowly, he inched closer to the window.  There was nothing outside.  Directly below the window sat a large metal trashcan, overturned and with garbage spewing out onto the nearby grass.  The can was banging around and moving, and as Ricky watched, a straggly yellow dog emerged from the can, dragging away what must have been table scraps or some other form of food.  Watching as the dog ventured out into the dark night, Ricky couldn't help but let out a relieved chuckle.  It was just a dog.  This far into the game, it was the best scenario he could've possibly hoped for.  It could've been worse... so much worse.

He made his way back into the front hallway of the house, only to find that Huy still hadn't returned downstairs.  He had noted that the other boy had entered Anna's room -- whether he knew that or not, Ricky wasn't sure.  The only reason Ricky noticed was because he had watched the girls enter their respective bedrooms... just in case.  Ricky blew off the fact that Huy still hadn't returned, chalking it up to the fact that he and Anna were probably upstairs talking.

After checking the door once again to make sure it was completely secure, he decided now would be the perfect opportunity to go check up on his own companion.  Minding the tripwire he'd strung across the bottom of the stairwell, Ricky made his way up the staircase, listening to the loud creaks it made occassionally as he ventured up.  At the very least, they were definitely going to hear somebody if they did manage to get in, and they'd have ample time to prepare themselves.

Once he hit the carpeted floor of the second story, his foosteps became nearly inaudible.  He slinked past the closed door of Anna's bedroom and headed further down the dark hallway.  Finally, he came to Whitney's door.

"Hey," he called out in a hushed tone as his hand rapped lightly on the wooden door, "It's me."

He didn't wait for an invitation to enter the room.  He'd given her fair warning.  He turned the knob and opened the door quietly before entering and shutting it right behind him.  Whitney looked up at the new guest from her sprawled out position on the bed.  She hadn't been able to sleep, despite the sheer exhaustion she felt, so instead she'd brought the candles from the bathroom into the bedroom and placed them on the nearby end tables.  Since then, she'd just been lying on the bed, trying to relax.

"Hey," she stated quietly, a light smile appearing on her features.

"Hey..." he replied.

She rolled over on her side to face him, but he didn't budge from his position against the door.

"Something up?" she inquired.

"Nah," he responded, suddenly finding himself at a loss for words, "Just... uh... the... the noise outside.  I don't know if you heard it or not, but it was nothing.  Just a dog in the trashcan outside.  Wanted to make sure that it hadn't... ah..."

"O...kay," she responded, smiling a bit and trying to hold in a light laugh that managed to escape anyway, "You came to check on me?"

It was a question, but it came out more as a statement.  Ricky simply nodded, finally finding his words again.

"Yeah," he spit out finally, "Just wanted to make sure you were okay.  Plus... Huy disappeared, I guess he's with Anna, and it's sort of lonely down there."

"Mm," she responded with a giggle before patting an open spot on the bed next to her, "Come sit down."

Ricky wordlessly obliged, entering further into the dimly lit room and sitting down on the edge of the large bed.  Whitney propped herself up on her shoulder to look at her companion.  Ricky closed his eyes momentarily and sighed.  It was nice to sit down and relax, even if it was just for a moment.

"So why'd you really come up here?" she inquired, point blank.

Ricky was visibly taken aback by the question, "Uh..."

"You didn't come up here just to tell me there was a dog digging in the trash outside," she accused playfully, "What's on your mind?"

"I don't know," he responded, "A lot's on my mind... mostly about this damn "game" and stuff... it sickens me to call it that.  We're nothing to him, we're just toys.  He's playing with our lives, and it doesn't even matter to him... it's like we're nothing, like we have nothing to go home to.  He's made me do things I never dreamed I could do... things I never wanted to do.  I don't even feel like the same person anymore... hell, I barely feel human."

He took in a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"... I killed somebody..."

It made him cringe to say it.

"Not just somebody... somebody I knew.  Somebody I spent every day of my life with.  Eric might not have been a good person... not all the time... but he was my friend... and I killed him.  Ever since then, it's been eating away at me constantly.  It's always there, in the back of my mind... and it'll never go away."

Ricky leaned back on the bed, letting himself slink into the sheets.  Whitney sat up, bringing her knees up to her chin and resting her head on them.

"Can I ask you something?" she inquired quietly.

Ricky didn't bother to open his eyes, or turn to face her.

"Shoot," he replied.

"... Why'd you save me that day?"

"Because..." he began hesitantly.

"And tell me the truth," she butted in, obviously picking up that he wasn't sure whether or not he should answer the question honestly.

"Alright," Ricky uttered, still averting his gaze, "It's because I... because I'm crazy about you, and I have been for a long time."

Whitney's face flushed pink.  That hadn't been what she was expecting to hear.

"... Really?" she inquired, "Why me?"

"That's kind of a dumb question," he chastised, "Ever looked in the mirror?  You're gorgeous.  But it... it isn't just that.  I saw you all the time... with your friends and stuff... and you just always seemed so... I don't know... genuine.  I never had the nerve to say anything to you though... being told by everybody that someone's out of your league'll do that to you."

"Hm..." Whitney mused quietly.

"Hey, you said to tell you the truth," he responded, sitting up with an embarrassed grin, "We could die tomorrow, I couldn't imagine a better time to finally tell you."

"Can I tell you something?" Whitney inquired quietly, laying back and resting her head on the pillow once again.

"Go for it," he responded.

"I always thought you were cute," she confessed, "But, I didn't think you knew who I was, really... then, when we finally did get acquainted with one another, it was because Eric and Matthias were fighting, and it just made everything so complicated."

"Huh," he replied quietly.

"Do you think we could've actually been something?" Whitney inquired.

"I don't know," Ricky confessed, "I guess now, we'll never know."

"Mm..."

Somehow, he thought it would be different when he told her.  Really, he didn't know what he was expecting.  There wasn't supposed to be some big ceremony with bells and singing.  Still, it was nice to know that maybe, if things had turned out differently, there could've been something there.  It made him feel like maybe he had made the right decision when he chose to protect her and kill his best friend in the process.  Maybe... she really was worth it.

"We could die tomorrow," Whitney whispered, sitting up slightly from her laid out position.

"Yeah..." he muttered quietly.

She wasn't expecting the hispanic boy to lean forward and kiss her, so when he did, it caught her completely offguard... but in a good way.  Whitney's cheeks flushed pink for just a moment, but she found herself kissing back.  The fact was, they could die tomorrow.  The possibility of it happening was very high, and that fact was slowly starting to register to both of them.  Now, with Huy and Anna otherwise occupied, while the two of them finally had some alone time, they had one final opportunity to act on their impulses.  This was probably the last chance, they'd get, after all...

((All right, guys.  Do your thing.  I'll jump back in after you're finished, so you can consider my two out of the way.))
Mitsuko2†

Post by Mitsuko2† »

((a bit of god-moding at the end. Isn't my best work, so, blarg... i hope it's enough.))

It was dark... Anna had no idea why it was so dark. She felt so alone here. She wanted someone... anyone to come save her from this darkness. She hugged her knees to her chest as she sat in the unlimited darkness. Why was she in the dark? Why was she all alone? why wasn't anyone looking for her? Why did she feel like she was going to die? All these questins ran through her head as she sat in the lonely darkness. Suddenly, a high-pitched voice startled her.

"He's coming Anna!" The voice sounded as if it was laughing at her. She looked around for it. SAhe didn't see where it was coming from. She stood shakily.

"Wh-who's coming?"

"HE is." The same voice answered.

"Who is 'He'?" She questioned.

"Run Anna. He's coming for you! He'll kill you! He'll slice you to ribbons! He'll fill you with lead!" The voice screamed at her. She became scared. She looked for any way to escape the voice that continued to scream at her. Any way to get out of the darkness. She wanted to leave! A door was suddenly in front of her. She didn't bother to wonder why, she threw it open and ran inside.

She was in Franklin school now. She was in her homeroom. She felt better being here. She looked around. It was empty. Almost as bad as being in the darkness. She shivered when she heard something slam. She slowly turned twoards the door. It was Huy. He was bleeding profusely from multiple stab and gnshot wounds. The scene that surrounded her and Huy disintigrated. She was in the darkness again. She could still see Huy. He collapsed to the ground and looked up to her. Tears welled up in her eyes and she covered her mouth with her hands.

"Anna.... run.... before 'he' gets you!" Huy rasped out. She backed away slowly. "RUN ANNA!" he screamed. She turned on her heel and sprinted away as fast  as she could.

She found another door. She opened it and stepped inside. Now she was at her house. She saw Jaimie lying on the floor in a puddle of her own blood. She was covered in blood and semen. Someone had raped her. Anna heard a crash and suddenly was ponced on. Samuel Sorenson was choking her to death once again.

"Die! Die! Die!" he screamed at her. The scene once again disintigrated. She and Sam were in the darkness. She felt her life slipping away. She couldn't fight him. He was too strong. She heard a resounding pop. Sam's head suddenly exploded into tiny bits and pieces. He released her neck and fell off her. She sat up and found herself in the residential district of the island. In front of her were Whitney and Ricky. Both were covered in their own blood.

"Anna, hurry..." Whitney pleaded.

"You have to escape from 'him'!" Ricky continued.

Anna didn't know what to do. She ran from the two she kept running and running. She slipped and fell. She looked uop and found herself in darkness again. The High-pitched voice returned.

"He's Here Anna!" It squealed.

Anna turned and saw a figure holding a gun. He came twoards her and lifted the gun. She screamed.

===============================================================================================

In reality, Anna was having a nightmare. She was whimpering and yelling out in her sleep. She woke with a start. She looked to her left. It was "him". He was here. He was coming twoards her with the gun. She saw her axe. She grabbed it quickly and swung it twoards the killer. She didn't want to die. She had no way of knowing that it was Huy who she'd just swung the axe at.

"No!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cyco†

Post by Cyco† »

The figure lying in her bed tossed and turned, moaning as if in some great distress, and Huy drew the flashlight beam up to rest on the squirming form of Anna. A nightmare?

In an instant she shot up in her bed, grasping at the axe desperately and screaming bloody fucking murder. Huy was essentially frozen in his tracks, confused and frightened and provided very little time to think before she was upon him. His hand dropped the flashlight and flew reflexively to the revolver tucked into the back of his pants, but as his mind was racing he barely noticed.

And it was too late anyway. Anna struck him just below the left collarbone, sending a bolt of white-hot excruciating pain through his chest. Huy's eyes went wide, and his eyelids fluttered for a moment. His mouth dropped open. He tried to cry out but found himself suddenly quite short of breath. Instead he gurgled softly on the blood that had risen in his throat.

He staggered backwards, clutching the handle of the axe with one hand and withdrawing the revolver with the other. For a split-second it seemed as if he should fire, but he hesitated and dropped the gun onto the floor with limp fingers. With what now seemed like crippling effort he managed to wrench the axe free of his broken ribs and tissue, letting it fall just as he had the gun. His back hit something solid...

...oh, the wall...

...his eyes fixed upon Anna, his breathing heavy and unstable, Huy slumped against the corridor wall. His mind stopped swimming and began to sink.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

((No disrespect intended here darling, but you've held Cyco up for a week now.  Staff or not, the deadline is still two days away for both of you, so we really need to get on top of posting here.  I'd much rather have you guys kill your own characters than have to read my own shitty two-liner deaths.  If I don't get some sort of response from you quickly, I'll give Cyco permission to control Anna at least up until the point of Huy's death.  It isn't fair to him to make him wait.))

Return to “Residential District”